Nook Color Keyboard Case and Mouse
As a follow up to my last post, Nook Color Keyboard Case, I’ll show you how to use a keyboard and mouse using a USB hub with your Barnes & Noble Nook Color running CM 7 or CM 9. I have shown this working with the 7″ Leather Case Mini USB Keyboard for Tablet PC from my last post but this process will work with just about any keyboard or mouse.
- Purchase this item from eBay: 7″ Leather Case Mini USB Keyboard Stylus for Tablet PC PDA Epad UMPC or This Case.
- Purchase a USB female to Micro USB male adapter or cable. Like this one.
- Purchase a Mini USB female to USB male adapter or cable. Like this one or this one. You can skip this if you are using a normal usb keyboard.
- Purchase a USB hub. Like this one. Or this one. Make sure it’s not a powered hub (powered buy an AC adapter or Batteries, usb powered is ok).
- Put the Nook in the Case and plug the mini usb keyboard into the into the adapter and the adapter into the usb hub.
- Plug the USB mouse or USB wireless mouse receiver (hopefully it’s Nano) into the USB Hub.
- Plug the USB hub into the USB to Mini USB adapter and the adapter into the Nook Color.
- Download and install Nook Color Tweaks from the Android Market or Google Play store
- Open Nook Color Tweaks, allow any superuser messages you get, and tap “USB Settings”
- Turn on External VBus and wait for a superuser message. (Again, be sure you are not using a powered hub or you will fry your nook when you turn this on)
- Turn on USB Host Mode and wait for a superuser message.
- Turn on Caps lock to make sure the keyboard is working.
- Click the left mouse button to wake it up and make the cursor appear.
- Type and mouse around like you were using a computer!
- If you find your Nook fits too loosely into the keyboard case just put a rubber band or an elastic hair band over the 3 tabs that hold the tablet in place behind the Nook.
- You can also plug in a USB flash drive or a USB adapter and a camera memory card using this set-up (But not a USB hard drive).
Download and install Nook Color Tweaks
Select USB Settings
Turn on External VBus FIRST!
Then Turn on USB Host Mode
Turn on CAPS LOCK to make sure it’s working!
Click a mouse button to wake it up and make the cursor appear.