By now you’ve probably heard that Amazon has it’s own Appstore for Android. You may have also heard that they give away a paid app for free every day. What you may not know is how to get the Amazon Appstore on your Android device since it’s not available from Google Play. It’s pretty simple. Just follow the instructions below.
- Go to Amazon Appstore for Android webpage and click or tap “Download now” to download the .apk file. You can download this file directly on your Android device or you can download it on your computer and transfer the file to your device via USB or microSD card.
- Go to settings by launching the icon on your home screen or from your app drawer. Then in settings to go to “Security”. Then check “Unknown sources: allow installation of apps from unknown sources”. If this makes you feel insecure you can always come back here after and un-check the option.
- Now use an app like Root Explorer or any file manager to find the .apk for the appstore that you downloaded earlier. If you downloaded it on your device it should be in your “Downloads” folder. If you put it on your microSD card it should be in the “sdcard” folder. If you dropped it via usb it’s wherever you put it. Tap to select the .apk, then tap “Install” on the Package Installer window that pops up.
- Now the installer will pop up tap install then tap “Open” when it’s finished.
- Now the Appstore will open. Log in with your Amazon account username and password and start enjoying a paid app for free every day!
- Scroll down or click continue reading for screenshots.